Tell us what you think!
Looking for Product Support?
We keep your domains locked to keep them secure. Locked domain names cannot be transferred to another registrar or account. When you make changes to a domain's settings, such as updating nameservers or contact information, we automatically unlock and re-lock the domain name. To transfer your domain name, however, you must unlock it.
- Log in to your Account Manager.
- Next to Domains, click Manage.
Which procedure you'll use next depends on the number of domains in your account:
6 Domains or Fewer
- Select the domain name you want to use, click (Settings) and select Domain Settings.
- Under Additional Settings, click the Domain lock button to Off.
- To lock the domain again at any time, click the Domain lock button to On.
More than 6 Domains (i.e. 7 or More)
- Select the domain name you want to use.
- Under the Lock section, click Manage.
- Click Off, and then click Save.
- To lock the domain again at any time, click Manage, click On, then click Save.
NOTE: Allow up to 15 minutes for changes to complete.
For the next step, visit Transferring Domain Names to Another Registrar.