Accepting a Domain Name into Your Account
Tell us what you think!
Looking for Product Support?
An account change occurs when an account owner moves a domain name from one account with us (the initiating account) to another (the receiving account). You need to have an account with us to complete the account change and accept the domain name.
When an account owner initiates an account change in his/her account, we email information about accepting the account change to the receiving account's owner. The email message might contain a transaction ID and security code (if applicable).
NOTE: Account changes expire after 10 days. However, the initiating account's owner can re-initiate it. For more information, see Moving a Domain Name Out of Your Account.
To Accept a Domain Name Into Your Account
- Log in to your Account Manager.
- Next to Domains, click Manage.
- From the Domains menu, click Pending Account Changes, and then click Incoming Account Changes.
NOTE: After the account change is complete, the domain(s) will not be able to be transferred for 10 days.
- Complete one of the following:
- If the domain name displays in the list — Select the domain name, and then click Accept.
- If the domain name does not display in the list — Click Accept Emailed Changes, enter the following, click Next, and then proceed through checkout of the free transaction:
- Transaction ID — The identification code from the email we sent you.
- Security Code — The security code from the email we sent you.
For more information about working with your domain, see Managing Your Domain Names.