Connect Your Domain to SmugMug
Tell us what you think!
Looking for Product Support?
You can establish a more professional identity for your SmugMug site by connecting it to a domain name you register through us. Instead of entering your SmugMug URL to view your site, visitors can enter your unique domain name to view your customized photos and galleries.
To Connect Your Domain to SmugMug
- Log in to your Account Manager.
- Next to Domains, click Manage.
- Select the domain name you want to use.
- On the Domains Details page, select the DNS Zone File tab.
- Click Edit and change the CNAME 'www' to point to domains.smugmug.com.
- Under the Settings tab next to Forwarding, click Manage.
- Click Add Fowarding and enter www.domain.com. Select Forward Only under Forward Settings.
- Under the Settings tab next to Namerservers, click Manage.
- Make sure your nameservers are set to Standard or Premium and click Save.
- Once setup is complete, visit your SmugMug account settings and input the custom domain.
It can take up to 48 hours for your domain name's settings to propagate.
NOTE: As a courtesy, we provide information about how to use certain third-party products, but we do not endorse or directly support third-party products and we are not responsible for the functions or reliability of such products. We are not affiliated with, endorsed, or sponsored by SmugMug.